Monday, September 24, 2007

Sour Cream Cake (Jana's Recipe)

I made a cake for our small group last night and someone asked for the recipe, so here it is. . .

Ingredients:
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
5 eggs
8 oz sour cream
1 tsp vanilla (or more)

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together and bake for 45 minutes. You have to use, gosh, I don't know what its called--the circle pan with the whole in the middle. lol. Can you tell i'm quite the chef. ha! Anyway, wait till the cake cools, flip it over and voila. I usually sprinkle with powdered sugar. Thats it. Easy!

For another variation you can use the following ingredients and bake at 350 for 50 min. to an hour. . .
Chocolate cake mix
5.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
8 oz sour cream (or more)
6 oz pkg chocolate chips
powdered sugar (sprinkled on top)

I got these recipes from a friend in Monroe, LA. Thanks Jana! Enjoy. . .

No comments: