Monday, March 19, 2007
1st Overnight
Jamie and I had some extra one on one time last week. Unfortunately it was an overnight stay in the ER! Poor little guy was wheezing and coughing like crazy. His little stomach was retracting with every breath and he had a fever of 101.5. At about 1am last Thursday morning, after giving him a breathing treatment at home that didn't seem to help whatsoever, I called Children's Hospital. After answering a ton of questions the nurse informed me I should take him to the ER. Still, this kid was smiling and happy as can be. . . We were in the ER for 4 hours while they did two more breathing treatments, a chest x-ray and a test for RSV. Finally, at 5am, they diagnosed "bronchiolitis" and admitted him to the hospital. The nurses loved him as he continued to charm everyone w/his contagious smile. His oxygen levels remained good throughout the ordeal so he was discharged at 4pm that same day. He is doing much better now, thankfully. Let's hope that was my first and LAST overnight visit to the ER!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
He's such a sweet boy. I hope he's feeling better!
I hope you're feeling better too!
I am sorry he is sick! I hope he gets better soon! He does have the sweetest smile!
I hope you guys are recovering!!
Post a Comment