Thursday, March 08, 2007

Baby Central

The week that I spent in Louisiana w/my sister, Scott & the kids was WONDERFUL. Who knew I could be so content being in the house ALL DAY long taking care of babies? Trust me, we didn't venture out much. Although I did take Isabelle & Jamie to a softball game that week. We went and watched the high school team that Lori coaches play OCS (where Bryndyn used to teach/coach). Thankfully, Scott's mom was there to help because the double stroller only kept them content for so long. I always thought it would be fun to have twins. I definitely got a taste of that life. Fun? Maybe. Exhausting--DEFINITELY! But honestly, I LOVED it! Lori & Scott had an extremely busy week (which is one reason I was there) and it was very rewarding to be able to help them out while getting the opportunity to hang-out w/my niece & nephews. Feeding times were a challenge in that they were on the same schedule and, well, I only have so many hands. :) Otherwise, it was a joy being with them. I wasn't in my own house so I didn't feel the pressure of the million things I always have to do at home. I could just relax and enjoy the company of two precious little lives! Later in the week my dad flew out from CA and Bryndyn & Caelleb drove down, so we had a houseful. Braden had a basketball game and a soccer game. Lori's team was in a tournament. Scott was refereeing out of town. ULM was hosting their annual mardi gras softball tournament. Then, everyone got sick. . . But amidst all of the chaos was the warm feeling of being surrounded by family. You just can't beat that!!! Bryndyn & Isabelle (is it just me or do these two have the exact same head tilt?)
Isabelle, Bryndyn & Jamie
I love these pictures of Jamie in his adidas outfit that was handed down from Easton. . .

While Lori & I were busy dressing up and taking pictures of Isabelle (see previous post) Jamie was laying on the couch next to us after having just been fed. This is an example of how low key this kid is. . . We're focusing on Isabelle & meanwhile Jamie's bib was coming off, covering his eyes. He thought this was funny. . .
Could he be the Gerber Baby or what? :)

No comments: