Friday, August 10, 2007

How Great Thou Art

My brother told me (once we got to CA) that you can purchase a yearly pass to every National Park in the country. Maybe someday we can do a National Park roadtrip. . . Seriously, places like Bryce Canyon and the ocean (just to name a few). . . how can you not feel closer to God just by being there, seeing what He created. As we were taking in as much of Bryce Cyn. as we could, I was feeling inspired to go and visit other national parks, just to see more of God's handywork. This may sound corny, and it is hard to put into words but I was just feeling like I almost owed it to God to marvel at his masterpieces. "O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder, Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made. . ."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So much to comment on! BEAUTIFUL pictures! Your words were not corny. I feel like that sometimes, too, even at the beach in Galveston, which is not the most beautiful beach in the world. God really does amazing things! I remember thinking these same thoughts when I went to the Dominican Republic on spring break in college. There were beautiful flowers growing wild there that we, in America, pay way too much money for. It just awed me that God knew that everybody needed to see his beautiful creation for themselves and that he makes it happen despite any circumstance.

Vanessa looks like she loved Caelleb. Precious pictures! I can't wait to hear more about her!

Finally, you are my hero for making such a long road trip, much less driving ALL NIGHT LONG! Craziness. I know that feeling of it being easier to drive while the kid sleeps, and I just have one. I can't imagine how peaceful that was for you with three!