The night before a long trip like that is hectic, to say the least, so neither Bryn or I got much sleep. After 738 miles and 10 hours in the car, we made it to Arvada, CO (which is a western suburb of Denver) a little before 9pm. We probably could have driven a little further but we really wanted to drive through the Rocky Mts. during the daytime, simply because it is such a beautiful drive. So we found a hotel & a Carl's Jr. :) and called it a night! We knew we still had a LONG way to go. Thankfully we all got a great night's sleep and were ready to roll first thing in the morning. Thursday, August 09, 2007
July 21 -- Day #1 (738 miles traveled. . .)
We opted for a ROAD TRIP. Not because that was our first preference, more because we couldn't nail down the dates of the trip AND we didn't know whether or not Tia would be able to travel with us (not to mention avoiding the cost of 4-5 plane tickets). It paid off. Oh my gosh was that drive long, but Tia & Vanessa were able to come and that made it all worth it. Bryndyn and I used to drive all the time when we lived in Louisiana. It's WAY different with kids. Caelleb, Vaness & Tia were relatively good in the car but it's just not the peaceful relaxing driving that I love. Instead, all I heard was (from Tia): "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. . . . ." I'm not exaggerating. The first few hours I answered all of the "Mommies." But by the time we hit the middle of Kansas (which by the way, that state seemed neverending), I was at my wit's end. So was Bryndyn. At one point he said, "Tia, Mommy is in a time out. She can't talk right now. She is going to read her book." :) One of two things would happen next: either a). Tia would start crying, or b). "Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. Daddy. . . ." Good times!
The night before a long trip like that is hectic, to say the least, so neither Bryn or I got much sleep. After 738 miles and 10 hours in the car, we made it to Arvada, CO (which is a western suburb of Denver) a little before 9pm. We probably could have driven a little further but we really wanted to drive through the Rocky Mts. during the daytime, simply because it is such a beautiful drive. So we found a hotel & a Carl's Jr. :) and called it a night! We knew we still had a LONG way to go. Thankfully we all got a great night's sleep and were ready to roll first thing in the morning.
The night before a long trip like that is hectic, to say the least, so neither Bryn or I got much sleep. After 738 miles and 10 hours in the car, we made it to Arvada, CO (which is a western suburb of Denver) a little before 9pm. We probably could have driven a little further but we really wanted to drive through the Rocky Mts. during the daytime, simply because it is such a beautiful drive. So we found a hotel & a Carl's Jr. :) and called it a night! We knew we still had a LONG way to go. Thankfully we all got a great night's sleep and were ready to roll first thing in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That made me smile. I love Tia!
Post a Comment