Friday, December 22, 2006

It Is What It Is

Dec. 6th


Today is day #5 of a 5 day "extended" visit for Tia and her mom. We get her back officially tomorrow. Her mom thought it would be a good idea for Tia to see all of us together so suggested all of us meet for a meal somewhere. Fine with me! It is a good idea plus a chance to see Tia. ANYTHING for Tia. But I called and called all afternoon to make sure we were still on for dinner (at the mall before church) and I could not get a hold of them. Finally at about 6:20 I left Tia's mom a message saying that we had church in 40 minutes so we wouldnn't be able to do dinner afterall but that we could reschedule for another night. I casually threw out that if she got this message and wanted to go to church with us that I could come pick them up. I didn't actually expect her to call back. But she did and she wanted to come to church. . . Two worlds colliding. . . Weird. Awkward. Uncomfortable. She wants to come to the church Ladies Christmas Party tomorrow night. I don't know how to feel. It is what it is . But I know that it was the right thing, to invite her. Anything for Tia. . .

No comments: