Friday, December 22, 2006

A New Friday Tradition: "Songfest"

Back to the Present. . . Dec. 22nd

Some bloggers post a Friday's Feast. I am starting a new tradition: Friday's Fest, Songfest, that is. Every Friday (ok, maybe not EVERY, but as much as possible) I will post the lyrics to a song that either is or has been important to me in some way and tell why. . .


Tonight's will be of a sad tone. . . Over the last couple weeks I have been accused of neglecting my blog. . . The accusations are completely correct. I thought it was because I was just "too busy." This is partly true, but now, as I try to catch everyone up I am reliving the events of the last couple weeks. . . I thought I was done crying. . . apparently NOT. I guess what i'm trying to say is maybe i've been neglecting my blog because the pain is still too fresh to write about. . .


Anyway, about a month ago my brother emailed me a link to the following song by Hughes & Wagner. Beautiful & sad. . . As I reflect about Tia it certainly resonates. I think if you just read the lyrics you'll understand why. . .



Not A Care In The World
by Hughes & Wagner


I wish I could take you and toss you into Heaven
To be guarded by the angels and the stars
'Cuz there ain't no pain there and no one to be unkind
Everyone would know your name
You think I'd find peace in these
times when you're sleeping in my arms
Nothing in the world's gonna hurt you here
But these fears keep coming on and on and on
There's nothing I can do
And I can hear them laughing now, just outside the window
And I can hear them laughing now, not a care in the world
And I'll let them believe it's true
Oh how I fear all the pain that you will suffer
And how I pray all the good in this world for you
That's all I can do. . .
Ok, a little on the depressing side. Sorry. But this is MY blog and it is therapeutic. . . For the record, I am doing well. But the sadness is still with me. I miss Tia terribly & even though I still get to see her, it's not the same. . . Aren't you glad i'm blogging again? Ha! I'll try to be more upbeat next time. :)
So, any other bloggers out there want to join my "Friday's Songfest"?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lots to comment on...

I am still praying for you guys with everything that you are going through and the whirlwind of emotions you are experiencing with Tia moving out and with Jamie moving in. Don't know what else to say, just that I am praying.

Also, Caelleb is such a SWEET boy! I have felt that kind of sadness when you know someone is being mean to your kid, and you just feel sorry for your baby even if they don't quite get it (as is Jackson's case). Just to prepare you, Jackson isn't really aggressive with other kids, but he really likes to hug and kiss them. This often scares kids away from him, so I just want to prepare you for Jackson and Caelleb's meeting. Caelleb is probably old enough to understand, but Jackson's cousin is now officially scared of Jackson due to incessant hugging. Oops!

I can't wait to see you all!