Dec. 7th
Tears of sadness. Tears of joy. Tears of who knows what? Just tears. Today was the team meeting for Tia that I have been dreading since the day she moved in with us. I knew what the outcome of the meeting would be. I just didn't know how I would handle the outcome? God won't give me more than I can handle, right?. . .is what I kept telling myself. I knew that a date would be set for Tia to move out. I just didn't realize how soon that date would be.
Right when I walked into the meeting room I knew something was going on. . . Bryndyn was already there, as was Tia's GAL (guardian ad litem), and another person--our adoption worker? What is she doing here? THE meeting hadn't started yet but there was already another meeting going on. Bryndyn looked at me and told me I better sit down for this one. What in the world? I hadn't seen Tia since her 5 day extended visit. Did something happen? Bryndyn didn't look upset--he looked excited. Seriously, what in the world?
It's all a blur of emotions to me now, but the gist of it is that there is a one month old little baby boy that needs a foster family. . .
The lyrics of the song I posted earlier came back to me, "He gives and takes away. . ."
I left the meeting simply overwhelmed. As I drove home I cried and cried (side note: currently crying as I relive this moment). I was feeling so many different emotions I really couldn't differentiate the tears. Sadness over Tia who will be moving out Monday, 12/11. Excitement over the opportunity to care for a newborn. Amazement at the hand of God. Simply overwhelmed. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment