Nov. 30-Dec. 1st
So, when I was young I remember hearing about people being "snowed in." Growing up in CA this was somewhat of a mystery to me. In my naive mind I thought that meant that the snow was actually SOOOOO high that you couldn't even open up your front door (hence, snowed in). Ha! Well, maybe that happens in some places? But I now know that it is more about the ROADS. Snow is beautiful but DRIVING in snow. . . NOT so fun! Forget treading on thin ice. Try driving on THICK ice. . . I got a crash course, and I must say that I am so impressed w/my honda odyssey--such a trooper. Anyway, I got to miss two days of work due to snow. Honestly, they felt like a gift from God--to be able to spend extra time w/Tia because those days are numbered. . . Anyway, we had some great family time while being snowed in. I'll take a snow day--ANY DAY! We played in the snow, decorated our Christmas tree, made cookies, watched movies. . . good times! Here are some pics. . .

This icicle was right outside our front door. I have NEVER seen such a thing, so huge.

Tia bundlingup

Caelleb LOVED the snow. He would have stayed outside playing in it ALL day if we'd let him. 

Tia wasn't as big of a snow fan. She liked it ok but did NOT want to walk in it. She enjoyed watching Caelleb and daddy play in from the back of our van in the garage! :) 
Tia was much happier playing INSIDE. . .

Caelleb, watching a movie. Another cool snow day feature--you can dress HOWEVER you like! :)

Me and the kids making cookies. They were yummy! Thanks for the recipe Becky!
1 comment:
Caelleb's outfit is cracking me up...love the gloves and the hat. He didn't learn this from Aunt Mimi. :-)
Post a Comment