We took my nephew, Braden, to church with us on Sunday at White's Ferry Rd. The way they do it is the kids stay in the main auditorium w/their parents until after communion and then they all go to a Children's Bible Hour. As the communion tray came down our aisle I had the following discussion w/my nephew:
Braden: What's that?
Me: Communion.
Braden: (confused expression)
Me: We do this every week to remember what Jesus did for us.
Braden (after a minute or so): What'd he do?
Me: He died on the cross to save us from our sins.
Braden (looking at the cross at the front of the auditorium): He's not up there on that cross anymore?
Me: No, he's not. He came back to life!
Braden (after thinking a second): Did he change churches? :)
The Funny/Scary Go-Kart Tale
On Friday night, the day after thanksgiving, we went to this place in West Monroe called Excalibur. They had an indoor playplace, rock climbing wall, video games, lazer tag and an outdoor put-put area & go karts. They had a little track for kids Caelleb/Braden's age. Braden was a pro! Caelleb, well, not so much! Poor thing. I should have known from the look on his face in the following pictures that he was TERRIFIED. He tried to be brave. Right out of the blocks he drove straight into a fence. . . OIY! The guy working got him straightened out and he made it about half way around and then drove into another fence and got stuck again. He was yelling and we thought he was saying, "I'm stuck! I'm stuck!" Again the worker guy got him unstuck. When he came around to the starting point he drove in under the awning straight up onto the cement median. . . We were all dying of laughter. That was the end of Caelleb's Go-Kart riding--at least as the driver. When he got out of the car he was crying. Apparently when we thought he was yelling, "i'm stuck, i'm stuck," he was actually saying, "I'M SCARED! I'M SCARED!" I felt really bad, but it was really funny. Trying to cheer him up I said, "even though you were a little scared you still had fun, right?" He said, "I was a LOT scared mommy!" Oooops! Poor kid!



The Frustrating Pre-Sale-Sale
I have NEVER gotten up early for "black friday." BUT the night before we saw an office depot ad for a $299 laptop. Bryn has been looking at possibly getting me a laptop (so i will stop using his :). In the ad it said "minimum two per store." So, Bryndyn being the wonderful husband and morning person that he is got up and made it to office depot 20 minutes before they opened to make sure he got one of the "minimun two" laptops. Once the doors opened he was one of the first people to the computer section. NO LAPTOP. When he asked about it one of the employees said they had sold them in a "pre-sale-sale." PRE-SALE-SALE?!?!?!?! WHAT IS THAT!?!?!?!?!?! Probably the office depot employees had their own little "pre-sale-sale" on the computers and plasma tv's that they had advertised that were non-existent. SO FRUSTRATING. So, at least for the time being, we are anti-office-depot & black Friday, for that matter. . . live and learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment