Wednesday, January 31, 2007
I guess I need to slow down. . .
The other day Caelleb had a dr. apt. at 8:45 am. I took him into work w/me that morning to get a few things done before we headed to the dr. office. As always I was rushing around trying to do too many things at once and we ended up running late to his apt. I'm so used to being in "rush" mode these days that I didn't even realize how FAST I was driving (in a residential area, to make matters worse). All of a sudden I hear Caelleb yelling "WEEEEEE" from the back of the van. I look in my rear view mirror to see what he's doing and he has both of his hands raised up above his head like he's on a roller coaster. I slowed down. He said, "No mommy! Go fast! I wike roller coasters." Since then I have been trying to be a more responsible driving example to my son. . . We just happen to be late everywhere we go. Next I'll tackle trying to be a more prompt example. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This story is so hilarious to me! I love the image of Caelleb pretending he is on a roller coaster while you drive. Lately, in the car, when we stop at a red light, Jackson yells go from his car seat. I tend to have very little patience waiting for the cars in front of me to go when the light turns green, so I guess he has picked up on my yelling go. I think I need to set a better driving example, too!
Post a Comment