December 10, 2006
Kids are so smart. Smarter than we give them credit for, I think. Tia and Caelleb played so hard tonight. Caelleb dug out his cowboy hats and they were temporarily in their own western world (stick horse, empty water guns and all)
I feel confident that we will be able to stay involved in Tia's life in the future. But tonight is the last night before we enter the unknown. She sensed it. She's 26 months going on 18 years.
I didn't want the night to end and neither did Tia. In the entire 16 months that she lived with us there were only TWO nights that I had a difficult time getting her to bed (minus the times she was sick or we were traveling in unfamiliar places). The first night she moved in and the night before she moved out.
As much as Tia loves to give hugs and kisses she's not really a snuggler. But tonight she was. She let me hold her and rock her to sleep and I couldn't help but remember that very first night she was with us--when I had no idea how to get a 9 month old to go to sleep. On that first night I couldn't bare to have her alone in an unfamiliar place, so I laid down with her until she got sleepy enough to put her in the pack and play (because we didn't have the crib from the wilson's set up yet). She studied my face and playfully interacted with me I think because she was nervous and didn't want to go to sleep. I can't really explain it but Tia and I had an instant bond. Don't get me wrong, she became extremely bonded to Bryndyn and Caelleb as well, but her and I had an instant connection. Now, 16 months later, that bond is that much stronger. I laid down with her again until she became sleepy and she studied my face again and tried to get me to interact with her so she could stay awake. I don't know exactly what she understands about the situation but I know that she is far wiser than your average newly turned 2 year old. I just hope that she always knows how much I love her! The bond between her and I that was established on August 2, 2005 will be in my heart forever!
I feel confident that we will be able to stay involved in Tia's life in the future. But tonight is the last night before we enter the unknown. She sensed it. She's 26 months going on 18 years.
I didn't want the night to end and neither did Tia. In the entire 16 months that she lived with us there were only TWO nights that I had a difficult time getting her to bed (minus the times she was sick or we were traveling in unfamiliar places). The first night she moved in and the night before she moved out.
As much as Tia loves to give hugs and kisses she's not really a snuggler. But tonight she was. She let me hold her and rock her to sleep and I couldn't help but remember that very first night she was with us--when I had no idea how to get a 9 month old to go to sleep. On that first night I couldn't bare to have her alone in an unfamiliar place, so I laid down with her until she got sleepy enough to put her in the pack and play (because we didn't have the crib from the wilson's set up yet). She studied my face and playfully interacted with me I think because she was nervous and didn't want to go to sleep. I can't really explain it but Tia and I had an instant bond. Don't get me wrong, she became extremely bonded to Bryndyn and Caelleb as well, but her and I had an instant connection. Now, 16 months later, that bond is that much stronger. I laid down with her again until she became sleepy and she studied my face again and tried to get me to interact with her so she could stay awake. I don't know exactly what she understands about the situation but I know that she is far wiser than your average newly turned 2 year old. I just hope that she always knows how much I love her! The bond between her and I that was established on August 2, 2005 will be in my heart forever!
1 comment:
This is the sweetest thing I have ever read. I love you, Taina. And I'm so glad you're back to blogging!
Post a Comment