Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Beach Bums & Cheesecake

March 24, 2007

Some friends of ours recently opened up a fun pizza place in Kansas City (actually Overland Park), called Beach Bums Island. I had been trying to come up w/some place different to take Bryndyn for his birthday celebration (with the kids), so I thought Beach Bums Island sounded perfect (the name alone). :) We all had a great time! It is decorated all tropical and there were games for the kids (Bryndyn and I included). Bryndyn was trying to play a video game. . . the kids wanted to be part of the fun! :)


After our late lunch we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. You can never go wrong w/cheesecake! :) I also ordered coffee w/my dessert. The kids kept telling me that they wanted coffee too (yes, Caelleb & Tia were both saying this, I think just trying to be like me). Anyway, finally, I thought maybe if I gave them a sip they would HATE it and never ask again. So, I let each of them have a sip (please don't judge my parenting based on this one incident). Yea, it didn't work. They liked it. Seriously. Weird kids! :) So, my strategy backfired. How did they acquire a taste for coffee at such a young age? One sip was all they got. That should last them a couple decades, hopefully. Anyway, it was a fun day in the KC area, celebrating daddy's birthday!
We had told the kids after we left Beach Bums that we were going for cheesecake. Caelleb had been there one time before, but Tia had never been. All afternoon she was saying, "chee-cay" "chee-cay" "chee-cay."
I thought this was a cool/different pic. . .

2 comments:

BexInTheCity said...

Taina...
I just caught up on your blog. I love reading your bloggings and looking at all of your pics! You have such a wonderful family.

Unknown said...

Oh boy! I LOVE the Cheesecake Factory! We went there on my birthday, and Jackson literally ate half of my cheesecake. Why is it always the moms who have to share?