Girl, when you post, you post a lot! I loved reading about your Easter. I think Easter is becoming one of my favorite holidays for sure. I also absolutely LOVE all of the pictures! Keep them coming!
I am so sorry that Jamie couldn't go with you guys. I wish more people like you would choose be foster parents, but I can see from your experiences how very difficult this job is. I really admire you and Bryndyn for the choice you made. I'm not sure I could do it, but I know you are making HUGE differences in the lives of the children who have the priviledge and blessing of living with you! You guys remain in my prayers and thoughts!
Also, about the comment you left on my blog, that situation you described sounds so sad. I have first of all never thought of grounding such a young child probably because I know that would NEVER work with Jackson. Second, I agree with you that the circumstances don't necessitate punishment at all. I actually think most doctors would advocate no punishment in those types of situations. Finally, we LOVE our flexible schedule. We have a lot of friends who are very limited as to what they can do socially because of rigid schedules, so we pretty much knew right off the bat that we didn't want to be in that situation. Although stubborn, Jackson has become very adaptable to new situations (especially when traveling - unless he is sick) and a lot more laid back because of it.
3 comments:
Girl, when you post, you post a lot! I loved reading about your Easter. I think Easter is becoming one of my favorite holidays for sure. I also absolutely LOVE all of the pictures! Keep them coming!
I am so sorry that Jamie couldn't go with you guys. I wish more people like you would choose be foster parents, but I can see from your experiences how very difficult this job is. I really admire you and Bryndyn for the choice you made. I'm not sure I could do it, but I know you are making HUGE differences in the lives of the children who have the priviledge and blessing of living with you! You guys remain in my prayers and thoughts!
Also, about the comment you left on my blog, that situation you described sounds so sad. I have first of all never thought of grounding such a young child probably because I know that would NEVER work with Jackson. Second, I agree with you that the circumstances don't necessitate punishment at all. I actually think most doctors would advocate no punishment in those types of situations. Finally, we LOVE our flexible schedule. We have a lot of friends who are very limited as to what they can do socially because of rigid schedules, so we pretty much knew right off the bat that we didn't want to be in that situation. Although stubborn, Jackson has become very adaptable to new situations (especially when traveling - unless he is sick) and a lot more laid back because of it.
This is a beautiful picture -- you should blow it up and frame it.
the cutest picture of any kids, EVER!
Post a Comment