Friday, January 25, 2008

The Games We Play

#1 The Blame Game

Tia came to work w/me this morning. She had her own little office going on equipt w/a TV/DVD player, curious george movie, her v-tech computer, markers, crayons, coloring books, construction paper & sippie cup. At lunch I noticed that she had orange marker all over the sleeves of her white turtle neck. Not a big deal. I pointed it out to her and asked what happend (just to see what she'd say). Without even hesitating she replied:

Tia: Caelleb did it

Me: Caelleb's at school

Tia: Simon did it

Me: Simon who?

Tia: Simon Says!


#2 Twenty Questions

Still at lunch, the topic of Santa comes up somehow (ever since Christmas Santa comes up frequently in conversation with Tia)

Tia: What's Santa doing?

Me: Sleeping

Tia: Where?

Me: The North Pole

Tia: The nor-po?

Me: (laughing) Close Enough

Tia: He snoring?

Me: Probably

Tia: Like this (and then proceeds to make a snoring noise)?

Me: Exactly like that

Tia: What's his wife doing?

Me: Trying to wake him up so he will stop snoring

Tia: (after thinking for a second) Now what's Santa doing?

Me: He's still sleeping

Tia: No he's not. He's saying to his wife "LEAVE ME ALONE!"


OK, so that wasn't 20 questions, just funny. But trust me, the questions didn't stop there. Thankfully Bryndyn was able to meet us at lunch and take Tia home. Not that I didn't enjoy having her delightful company this morning, but it was definitely an exercise in MULTI-TASKING!

2 comments:

Amy said...

She is something else...I can totally hear that conversation going on like I was there. I'm glad I'll get to see her tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

That little girl is sooo funny! Thanks for the laugh this morning!