Neither Bryn or I are typically stay-at-home kind of people. We are always looking to "do" something. I've gotta say though, lately I have been really enjoying just being home. I used to sort of dread snow days (other than the fact that I might get a day off of work), thinking how am I going to keep Caelleb busy, what are we going to "do" all day long, feeling sort of clausterphobic in my house. Not anymore. I LOVE being homebound now. As long as I have diet dr. pepper in the fridge & something to cook for dinner, I am good to go. I'm not sure what changed my attitude? I think partly I've stopped worrying so much about what to plan/do and started focusing more on just enjoying my family. There is something about a good snow day that is truly a family bonding experience. Whether it is playing in the snow, baking cookies, drinking REAL hot chocolate (using cocoa, sugar & milk vs. swiss miss), watching movies, playing board games, or just being silly & stir crazy, I now look forward to these quality family days!!! Here are a few pics from our recent homebound days. . .
Nice look, huh? Her shirt says, "Grandma & Santa have my list covered."


For some reason Caelleb enjoyed sitting in his "bin," sipping hot chocolate and watching myth busters, I believe. Random!

Pretty sure they are watching Handy Manny. :)

Tia just being silly. . .

1 comment:
I used to think there was something majorly wrong with me if I didn't have plans on a Friday or Saturday night. Now, I love it. I love being at home, flipping channels in my pjs without anything to do.
Post a Comment