Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Beginning Guitar!!!

I am officially signed up for Beginning Guitar I through Parks & Recreation. My first class is this Thursday night and I cannot wait! I have wanted to learn to play the guitar since college (or maybe before, I can't remember). I did take a class in college but it turned out to be a classical guitar class. While I enjoyed that experience I didn't learn chords so ultimately it didn't do me much good. Ultimately, I just want to learn enough to be able to have some individual acoustic worship time. Way excited. . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! You'll be getting the Led out before you know it. :)

Tiffany said...

Very cool! I have always wanted to learn to play the piano. Some day, I am going to take some lessons. We just can't afford it right now.
Good for you! Good luck.

Rach said...

Awesome! Good luck!

Amy said...

I'm shocked. I had no idea. Sounds awesome!! Dare I say, move over John Mayer, there's a new guitar player in town.

Sandi said...

How fun -- go for it!

Coach Crutcher said...

My wife ROCKS!!!

Coach T said...

BUOL!
(that would be Busting Up Out Loud)

:)

Dan McQuiddy said...

Hey...learn those basic chords and you'll find out that most songs have only three to four chords. Before you know it you'll not only be playing songs but making your own!!!