SOOOO does NOT keep the doctor away. Trust me, I'm on a first name basis with all the doctors and nurses at my pediatrician's office. We are getting our money's worth out of our health benefits. Let's recap the month of January. . .
1/5 -- My initial apt. w/Dr. Schust
1/9 -- Jamie's 2 month check up. He got his shots & the doctor believes he has RSV. Thankfully his oxygen levels were good. Just monitor his breathing and make sure he keeps eating. . .
1/11 -- Bryn's check-up
1/12 -- Jamie's gotten worse, back to the clinic for a breathing treatment that did not help whatsoever. Again, just monitor his breathing and make sure he keeps eating.
1/19 -- Caelleb's yearly checkup/shots. I have never heard a child scream so loud when getting his shots. Poor thing. I tried to prepare him. He assured me that he was not scared. In fact, he told me he liked shots. ha! Not so much. He had to get 5! It took me and the nurse both holding him down. . . not fun! He's all immunized for kindergarten.
1/22 -- My HSG (at least I think thats the acronym). All you need to know is that it was NOT fun! Thankfully I won't have to do that again!
1/24 -- Caelleb back to get his ears checked after failing a hearing test at school. Clean bill of health from the dr.
1/26 -- My glucose/insulin test. Drank some nasty stuff, gave 4 blood samples. . .
It has already started again in Feb. . . I picked up Tia this morning for the weekend and she wasn't feeling well, so we were back at the Pediatrician's office. . . I am told this is pretty standard for life w/small children, in the winter especially. It's 12 degrees outside right now and the forecast is even worse. . . fun times!
No comments:
Post a Comment