Our new strategy for Sunday drop offs is to divide and conquer. Bryndyn takes Tia and deals w/that situation (he definitely has the harder end of the bargain), and I spend time talking w/Caelleb about how he feels about the situation. A few weeks ago he was really upset when Tia had to leave and so I tried to help him verbalize his feelings (verses just throwing a tantrum). He told me that weekend that he was sad & angry at Tia's "other" mommy. This past Sunday when I asked Caelleb how he was feeling after Tia left he told me: "my heart crying mommy." Wow! That got me choked up but what a great way to describe the feelings. My heart continues to cry, as well, but the brokenness is on the mend.Monday, February 26, 2007
Daddy's Girl
We had Tia this past weekend. She is turning into quite the little Daddy's girl. Don't get me wrong, Bryndyn is an AMAZING parent and ANY child would be EXTREMELY lucky to be able to call him daddy. But, for Tia, I think she has learned that "daddy" is much less confusing. She only has one (that she knows). She now calls our house, "my daddy's house." Often when we are taking her back to her mom's after a weekend visit she will say, "No! I go daddy's house, DADDY'S HOUSE!" The good news is that, behaviorally, she seemed a lot better this past weekend. Hopefully, she is finally getting used to this transition. I think we are all starting to adapt. I mean, it is still hard not seeing her EVERYDAY and VERY hard dropping her off on Sundays. . . But it's getting a little easier. Why do I feel guilty writing that? I don't love her any less. I still worry about her constantly. Our family still feels incomplete when she's not with us. But I think my heart is mending. . . slowly. . .
Our new strategy for Sunday drop offs is to divide and conquer. Bryndyn takes Tia and deals w/that situation (he definitely has the harder end of the bargain), and I spend time talking w/Caelleb about how he feels about the situation. A few weeks ago he was really upset when Tia had to leave and so I tried to help him verbalize his feelings (verses just throwing a tantrum). He told me that weekend that he was sad & angry at Tia's "other" mommy. This past Sunday when I asked Caelleb how he was feeling after Tia left he told me: "my heart crying mommy." Wow! That got me choked up but what a great way to describe the feelings. My heart continues to cry, as well, but the brokenness is on the mend.
Our new strategy for Sunday drop offs is to divide and conquer. Bryndyn takes Tia and deals w/that situation (he definitely has the harder end of the bargain), and I spend time talking w/Caelleb about how he feels about the situation. A few weeks ago he was really upset when Tia had to leave and so I tried to help him verbalize his feelings (verses just throwing a tantrum). He told me that weekend that he was sad & angry at Tia's "other" mommy. This past Sunday when I asked Caelleb how he was feeling after Tia left he told me: "my heart crying mommy." Wow! That got me choked up but what a great way to describe the feelings. My heart continues to cry, as well, but the brokenness is on the mend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment