Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Blessed Be Your Name

Music plays a huge part in my life. There are times when I can't put into words what I am thinking/feeling but a certain song will resonate. In my walk w/God "music" and "prayer" are synonymous. When times are hard and when I need to be praying the most I often can't find the words. Either I don't know what to pray for or I don't feel like my prayers are genuine or (like currently) it just hurts to pray. It hurts to talk to God (or anyone) about things that are painful. In these times I rely on music to bridge the gap. Eric (my minister, boss & friend) gave me this CD awhile ago with the following song on it. I hadn't really focused on the words until this last weekend. We were visiting our old church in Louisiana (White's Ferry Rd. CofC) and they sang this song. I couldn't help but cry through the entire song as I listed and meditated on the words. . . I've been listening to this song all week now . . Just thought I'd share.

Blessed Be Your Name
by Matt Redman
album: Where Angels Fear To Tread (2002)


Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out I'll
turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out I'll
turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name . . . . . .

2 comments:

JustUsThree said...

I love that song! Tree63 sings it, but the NewsBoys also have it on their worship album. great great song. such good words.
and... good to see you blogging again! I missed your updates.

Unknown said...

I also love that song! We used to sing it at our church in Abilene. I know exactly what you mean by not knowing the right words to pray. I went through a hard time about a year before Jackson was born, and I totally remember songs serving as prayers getting me through.

Also, I got your comment on my blog. We were planning on being in Columbia on the 27th, but we might be able to reschedule that date based on Amy's schedule. We can come on the 23rd or the 26th, but I don't know if Amy is available or not. If you think about it next time you see her, ask if either of those dates will work for her. We REALLY want to see you guys and meet the kiddos!