Thursday, November 16, 2006
My Turn
Tia has learned something new. Sometimes it feels like I blink and the kids are all of a sudden doing something that they have never done before and they do it so naturally. Life is moving too fast. . . Last night in the van on the way home from church Caelleb had this magna doodle thing that he was drawing on. Tia wanted it. Typically, at least in the last few months, when Tia wants something she either gets it or screams--there is no in between. Any toy that is in her periphery, whether or not she actually wants to play with it at the time, she believes she has undeniable rights to and lets us know, "MINE." But usually she only wants what Caelleb has. So last night when she started saying, "mommy, mommy, dat (that), dat" and pointing to the magna doodle I was bracing myself for a potential tantrum. I said my usual, "Tia, Caelleb had that first but if you ask him nicely maybe he will share with you." What happened next was beautiful. So, Tia says, "mommy, mommy, my tuh (turn)." I have never heard her use this phrase before so that in itself was great! I say, "ask Caelleb." She says, "Calb, peeez" (Caelleb, please). Caelleb is a great sharer but hands the magna doodle over with understandable reluctance not knowing if he will ever get it back. A couple minutes go by and I say, "OK, Tia it is Caelleb's turn now, give it back to him." Usually this is the part where things go awry. But without missing a beat Tia hands the magna doodle back to Caelleb as if to say, I totally get this drill now. A couple minutes later Tia says, "my tuh, my tuh" and Caelleb hands her back the magna doodle. . . and this goes on and on the entire ride home. There was no crying, pouting, whining, etc. Two small kids using their words and SHARING! BEAUTIFUL! Tia learned to share!!!! This makes me so proud and I am sure Caelleb is feeling very thankful as well! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! That's so cool
You should be VERY proud!!
Post a Comment