Friday, November 17, 2006

Blue-Eyed Power Addendum

So, apparently these "blue-eyed powers" are even more powerful than I originally thought. Last night at the dinner table I jokingly asked Bryndyn if he had heard of Caelleb's "powers," because I wanted to tell him the cute story. Bryndyn informed me that Caelleb had not only told him about his powers but had actually used them. Apparently, on the way home from daycare yesterday Bryndyn and Caelleb were stopped at a red light and Bryndyn, just being silly, told Caelleb to make the light change from red to green. So Caelleb yells out "GREEN!" And almost instantly the light changed. Perfect timing. Bryndyn asked Caelleb how he did that and hence learned about these mysterious "blue eyed powers." :) Bryndyn had assumed that I had taught Caelleb this silly powers thing. I had assumed Bryndyn had taught this to Caelleb. Caelleb informed us that he taught himself these powers! :) The rest of the conversation went something like this. . .

Me: So, what do Tia's "brown-eyed" powers do?
Caelleb: brown eyes don't have powers mommy
Me: I have blue eyes too. So me and you have these special blue-eye powers, huh?
Caelleb: No, not all blue eyes have powers. Most blue eyes don't. Only some.

Quite the imagination we've got on our hands. He knew that we thought the whole thing was funny and he just kept playing along, adding more to his blue-eye'd power story. Anyway, it made for lively dinner time discussion! :) Never a dull moment!

No comments: