Many times in this blog I have mentioned my friend Amy (known to my children as "Mimi"). So, Wed. night after church Bryndyn had a meeting and Amy was helping me get the kids into the van. She ended up hopping in the front seat and we chatted for awhile about life before I drove her over to her car (it was freezing outside). The kids were patiently & quietly waiting in their carseats while Amy and I talked (this in itself is unbelievable). So, when Amy gets out of the van I had the following conversation w/the kids:
Me: "I love my friend Amy"
Caelleb: "ME TOO!"
Tia: "My Mimi"
Me (laughing and trying to play along w/my 2 year old's logic): "My Amy too"
Caelleb: "ALL of ours Mimi"
It was really cute! I jokingly refer to her as "Aunt Amy" to the kids but she truly is becoming like family to all of us! As someone who lives so far from my own biological family (and misses them dearly), this is something I greatly appreciate! So, Amy/Mimi (I know you will read this at some point), thank you for being such a wonderful friend to me & "Aunt" to my kids! We love you!
3 comments:
awww. *sniff sniff*. I love Tia's Mimi too!!
I love Aunt Amy, too! I call her Aunt Amy to Jackson also, but he has never actually met her. Sad life for him not to have met Tia's Mimi!
Umm...I just cried. I was just telling my friends back home over the weekend about how your family has really been "my family"...
Post a Comment