Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Seemingly Small Gesture. . . BIG Return!
This morning while I was getting ready for work I turned cartoons on for Caelleb. He knows the routine. He has to get himself ready for school completely and then if there is time he can watch a few minutes of whatever cartoon is on the Disney channel. This morning it was Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. This has become one of Caelleb’s favorites! I finished getting ready and was trying to hurry out to have time to vote and not be super late to work. I told Caelleb to turn the tv off so we could go. Usually this is not a problem. But today he says, “Ahhh man, I want to see what happens.” He has never really cared to “see what happens” in the past so I thought this was kind of funny but I was still in rushed mode so I just said, “no, sorry, we’re in a hurry, turn the tv off and let’s go.” He started walking over to the tv (woohoo he obeyed) but as he’s walking he says under his breath, “they were getting ready to sing the hot dog song.” :) OK, for those of you who have not heard the “Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggety Dog” song that they sing at the end of every Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode you are missing out (Ha!). Anyway, I thought about it and realized that this would only take a couple of minutes, so ok, I guess we can be a little late. So, I turned the volume up on the tv and Caelleb and I proceeded to dance around the living room singing, “hot dog, hot dog, hot diggety dog. . .” When the song was over Caelleb went and turned the tv off, grabbed his coat and came over to me and said, “I wuv you mommy” and gave me this huge hug! My heart melted. What a sweetheart God blessed me with! Note to self: hot diggety dog song EVERY morning! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aww! Taina! seriously, this brought tears to my eyes. You're such a good mom and Caelleb is so lucky to have You and Bryndyn as parents!!
Hey Taina, sorry I couldn't chat longer today on IM I had my civil duties to attend to. I just wanted an update on how the family was. Super cute pictures from Halloween. The stories are hysterical, I can just see you dancing to the hot dog song, and so touching, I loved the color blind story. I am so pumped up about my nephew, but I guess there is lots in store...it seems the good material comes around ages 2-5. I think it is so funny you took pictures of Caelleb throwing his tantrum. Please let me know what your travel plans are for the holidays. I will be in So Cal near Thanksgiving and Christmas, let me know if you are coming this way! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment