A few weekends ago Amy came over to hang out with us and more specifically to see Tia.

None of us had seen her for a few weeks so Amy had told me that the next time we had her for the weekend she wanted to come over and hang out. When I told Tia this her eyes just lit up. Because she is such a strong-willed and independent child I sometimes forget how sensitive she is, as well. I said, "Tia, guess who is coming to our house tonight to see you? MIMI!" She said: "To see ME?" As I nodded yes, Tia just got this sparkle in her eye. It was so cute. I absolutely love the fact that there are so many people in our life that love my kids. And seeing Tia's reaction when she found out that Amy was coming over to see her

drove the point home to me that just being there, spending time together, giving your undivided attention is what kids really crave. Then again, don't we all have that craving, for community?
1 comment:
I heart your kids.
Post a Comment