Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Road Trip Anyone?

Somebody at Google has a sense of humor. I love it. Go to google maps, click on "get directions." Enter a USA starting point & a European ending point (I've tried Paris & Heidelberg, and they both worked) and then see if it works. . . Read the following directions, making sure to check out #17:

Start: MO
End: Paris, France
Travel: 4,892 mi (about 29 days 23 hours)

1. follow I-70 E, 105 mi, 1 hour 37 mins
2. Take exit 232 to merge onto I-270 N toward Chicago, 30.9 mi, 32 mins
3. Continue on I-70 E, 221 mi, 3 hours 24 mins
4. Take the exit onto I-65 N/I-70 E, 171 mi, 2 hours 37 mins
5. Slight left at I-670 E (signs for Airport/I-670 E), 4.9 mi, 5 mins
6. Take exit 5B on the left to merge onto I-71 N toward Cleveland, 111 mi, 1 hour 43 mins
7. Take exit 220 to merge onto I-271 N toward Erie PA, 40.4 mi, 40 mins
8. Continue on I-90 E, Partial toll road, 448 mi, 6 hours 59 mins
9. Continue on I-87 S/New York State Thruway S, 14.6 mi, 14 mins
10. Take exit 21A toward I-90 E/Mass Turnpike/Boston, 0.9 mi, 1 min
11. Merge onto New York State Thruway E, 24.1 mi, 22 mins
12. Continue on I-90 E/Massachusetts Turnpike/Mass Pike, 134 mi , 2 hours 9 mins
13. Take exit 24 A-B-C on the left toward I-93 N, 0.4 mi, 1 min
14. Merge onto Atlantic Ave, 0.8 mi, 3 mins
15. Turn right at Central St, 0.1 mi
16. Turn right at Long Wharf, 0.1 mi
17. Swim across the Atlantic Ocean, Entering France, 3,462 mi, 29 days 0 hours
18. Slight right at E05, 0.5 mi, 2 mins
19. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto E05/Pont Vauban, 0.1 mi
20. Turn right at E05/Quai Colbert, Continue to follow E05, 17.3 mi, 22 mins
21. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto A131 heading to A131/Rouen/Paris/Evreux, 9.1 mi, 8 mins
22. Take the exit onto A13, 20.3 mi, 17 mins
23. Take the exit onto A13, 56.5 mi, 47 mins
24. Take the exit on the left onto A14 toward Nanterre/La Défense, 12.5 mi, 16 mins
25. Slight right at N13, 1.4 mi, 3 mins
26. Turn right at Avenue de Neuilly/N13, 269 ft
27. At the traffic circle, take the 4th exit onto Avenue de la Grande Armée, 0.7 mi, 3 mins
28. At Place Charles de Gaulle, take the 5th exit onto Avenue des Champs-Elysées, 1.3 mi, 3 mins
29. Slight right at Voie Georges Pompidou, 1.4 mi, 3 mins
30. Slight left to stay on Voie Georges Pompidou, 440 ft
31. Slight right at Quai de la Mégisserie, 377 ft
32. Continue on Quai de Gesvres, 0.2 mi, 1 min
33. Turn left at Place de l'Hôtel de Ville, 194 ft

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How did I get so behind on your blog? I love all your pictures! Jamie is growing so fast! I love the pictures of Caelleb in his baseball uniform and the pictures of Tia's hair. Your kids just seem to get cuter and cuter everytime you post! You guys are so crazy busy, and I just can't even believe Bryndyn's car catching fire. Craziness! I am SO glad he wasn't hurt!

I got an e-mail about this map thing. I thought it was funny.