I've been working on this post for a LONG time. I always want to wait and see what they say next and so it continued to sit in my "draft" box. Anyway, it was time. I added last night's van conversation with Tia and here it is. . .
One random morning:
me: "I need to take a shower"
Caelleb: (after he walks over to me & leans his head in toward my neck and sniffs me he says) "You no need a shower. You no smell."
Random afternoon 1:
Caelleb had been kind of clingy and whiney on this particular day. Usually, if he has a "boo boo" or some other ailment i'm the "ahhhh, whats a matter, let me kiss it" type of mommy. But on this particular afternoon I had about had it with his constant antics. When he complained for the 100th time about something hurting I said, "Sometimes, Caelleb, you just have to suck it up." He looked at me and then lifted his arm/elbow up to his mouth and started "sucking" on his arm.
Random afternoon 2:
Me: "Caelleb, can you pick up the pace a little?"
Caelleb: "my pace is slow today mommy."
Everyday in the van:
Nichole sent us the CD full of kids songs awhile back. Caelleb and Tia love it. Even Bryndyn has a favorite song (The Alphabet of Nations: Algeria, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Dominica, Egypt, France, the Gambia, Hungary, Iran, Japan. . . you get the picture). Anyway, one day while listening to this CD the Alphabet of Nations song came on and I commented that it was "daddy's song." So, now we all have "songs." Both Tia and Caelleb will tell me from time to time, "this is my song." It is hilarious. Tia will say: "this my daddy's song." And Caelleb, always wanting to be EXACTLY like Bryndyn will say: "this is me and daddy's song." :) The hippo or cookie monster song will come on and Tia will just start giggling and then say, "my song, mommy, my song." I love it! Or if I don't have the CD playing she will say, "mommy, pay my song, my hippo song." Then when I get the song going she'll say: "TURN IT UP!" A couple days ago she was driving with Bryndyn. He was trying to listen to an audio book on Ted Williams. From the backseat Tia just kept yelling over and over: "TURN IT OFF DADDY!" She is too much!
Every time we eat out:
When Brian and Kara were in town they took us to eat a couple times "on Mama T" (my mom likes to spoil us and feels like she is there with us in some way if she can pay for a meal or event from afar--thanks mom!!) Anyway, after the first meal that was on Mama T we were walking to the car, jokingly saying, "thanks Mama T" (like she could hear us from the 1737.8 miles, yes I just looked that up on yahoomaps). Anyway, a week later we visited this same restaurant and after we are done eating Caelleb says, "Thanks Mama T." :) Then, the next time we went out to eat he says: "this on Mama T?" Apparently, he thinks that every time we eat out it is "on Mama T" now. That kid's memory amazes me! :)
About 2 weeks ago:
The first time I ever gave Jamie a little juice in a sippie cup (he is still learning how to use it, but I figured it was good practice and soothes his gums), Caelleb did a double take and realized Jamie was not only drinking something besides formula but that he was drinking it out of a sippie cup vs. a bottle. Without hesitation, Caelleb exclaimed: "YAY J! You drinking Juice! Good job J!" He was so proud of his little brother! It was adorable.
A couple days ago:
We were going somewhere where we needed to take two cars (I don't remember why). It didn't really matter who rode with who. Caelleb started following Bryndyn to his car (surprise, surprise). Jokingly, Bryndyn says: "where do you think you are going?" Caelleb's response: "with you daddy." Bryndyn (still joking): "oh yea, says who? Caelleb: "ME! Caelleb Crutcher!" How could daddy argue with that? :)
Last night:
I had picked Tia up fairly late last night from her mom's apartment and we were driving back to our house. She was so excited to see me when I got there and was a little chatterbox the entire way back to our house. It amazes me that she is speaking in sentences now. Here is one side of the conversation (I'm leaving my responses out). . .
"Where we going mommy? daddy's house? you house? My udder mommy pinches me. Where's J? J at his udder (other) mommy's house? where's Caelleb? We wake Caelleb up en (when) we get home. My udder mommy says no deal. My granny goes this way" (she's two and already knows her way around town. if she sees a landmark that her "udder" mommy or granny goes to she will point it out and tell us who "goes" there--its pretty impressive). Back to the Tia chatter. . . "Hey mommy, wook (look), my moon. I see my moon mommy. Up der. In da ky (the sky). You see my moon mommy? Where you moon mommy? You see you moon?" Then a couple minutes later when we turned a corner and were heading a different direction: "Uh oh. I wos (lost) my moon mommy. You wos you moon? I wos my moon too. Where my moon go? It boke (broke)? Caelleb boke it. . . ." And the chatter continued from there. Such a sweet sound. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment