Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Opening Day

5/5/07 Opening Day for the Orioles!



Growing up, opening day of softball season was one of my favorite days. There was such excitement in the air. I can't really pinpoint why it was so exciting, just take my word for it! :) There is something about opening day. I hope it is the same for Caelleb. The experience is different as an adult. Packing up for a day at the ballfield with three small children in the scorching heat. . . Making sure we get there on time and Caelleb doesn't miss pictures. . . did I mention the heat? . . . Will there be parking or will we have to lug all this stuff a mile. . . We got to the fields WAY early to avoid the stress of all of the above mentioned. And it all went smooth. It was a great day! Uncle Brian and Aunt Kara were in town so they got to experience Caelleb's 1st opening day with us. Thankfully, aunt Kara loves pictures (and taking pictures) as much as I do, so it was almost like Caelleb had his own personal photographer (thank you Aunt Kara). But I am so glad that we got so many great pictures to capture the excitement of this day!
Caelleb giving Aunt Kara "ten."

After finally getting his team shirt & hat, we all headed down for team pictures! (side note: Tia was not happy that she did not get a uniform. She stood in line behind all of the kids on Caelleb's team waiting for his coach to hand her a shirt and hat. I had her decked out in a pair of Caelleb's small sliding pants and a cardinals shirt, but she wanted to be part of Caelleb's team, it was cute.)











Uncle Brian playing with Jamie (notice that Jamie, too, was sporting a baseball outfit (thank you "Aunt" Barbara for giving this outfit to Easton & thank you Aunt Lori for handing it down to Jamie!)





















I love the little smirk on Tia's face in this picture.



















Team pictures. . . What a handsome boy!

This smile CRACKS me up (it looks like he is in pain)! :)





















Jamie was hot and miserable in his carseat. Once he was out and about he enjoyed the ballfield experience much more! :)





















OK, enough pictures already, GAME TIME. . .

1 comment:

Jake said...

I cannot wait for opening day for Lucas and Ben! :)
The whole family is currently asleep, all in their own rooms... We might survive this after all!

Jake